Sales Development Representative, Corporate Markets
Experience Level: JuniorApply Now
Support GLG’s Business Development team as a Sales Development Representative by prospecting, qualifying and establishing relationships with Fortune 1000 executives over the phone and by e-mail engagement. This role is part of a structured training program focused on developing the outstanding enterprise sales talent for quota-bearing roles at GLG post-program
Specific responsibilities include (but are not limited to):
- Participate in structured training, weekly role-plays, and ongoing team feedback to build the foundation of sales skills
- Develop pipeline by qualifying key client profiles in target accounts and inbound leads from marketing campaigns
- Apply sales development best practices with email, phone, and social outreach to connect with new prospects
- Engage with prospects to articulate GLG’s value proposition
- Utilize discovery and objection handling strategies to speak knowledgably with decision makers and to build interest in GLG’s offerings
- Coordinate meetings on account executive’s calendar and log activities in CRM
- Demonstrate ability to consistently achieve or exceed program targets by the end of the second full-time month
An ideal candidate will have the following:
- BS or BA degree in addition to 1-3 years of work experience (career switchers encouraged in addition to sales experience)
- Strong written communication, phone, presentation, and interpersonal skills
- Passion and drive for a career in Sales
- Comfort in delivering and receiving feedback on an regular basis
- Highly organized and strong time management skills
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, changing environment
- Creative and entrepreneurial mindset and are interested in helping build a business and be compensated according to performance
About GLG / Gerson Lehrman Group
GLG is the world’s insight network. Our clients rely on GLG’s global team to connect with powerful insight across fields from our network of 900,000+ experts (and the hundreds of new experts we recruit every day).
We serve thousands of the world’s best businesses, from Fortune 500 corporations to leading technology companies to professional services firms and financial institutions. We connect our clients to the world’s largest and most varied source of first-hand expertise, including executives, scientists, academics, former public-sector leaders, and the foremost subject matter specialists.
GLG’s industry-leading compliance framework allows clients to learn in a structured, auditable, and transparent way, consistent with their own internal compliance obligations and the highest professional ethical standards. Our compliance standards are a major competitive differentiator and key component of the company’s culture.
To learn more, visit www.GLGinsights.com.
EEO Policy Statement
Gerson Lehrman Group, Inc. (“GLG”) is an equal opportunity employer and will not discriminate against any employee or applicant on the basis of age, race, religion, color, marital status, disability, gender, national origin, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any classification protected by federal, state, or local law.