The Marketing Manager, South APAC will support the development of go-to-market messaging, engagement and lead-gen campaigns, and marketing strategies across Financial Services, Corporates, and Professional Services Firm (PSF) clients, reporting to the Head of APAC Marketing. He/she will be tasked with working closely with business teams in Australia and New Zealand, India, and Southeast Asia to identify new areas of opportunity, effectively communicate new offerings, drive engagement among existing client and support acquisition of new clients. This person will use data and storytelling to help make the case for specific marketing plans and assist in carrying out the execution of these plans and activities, working closely with the business unit and centralized marketing team.
He/she will also be responsible for managing campaign development and deployment to support effective sales conversations. The ideal candidate will be ready to take on an entrepreneurial role that will require deep understanding of GLG clients, strong influencer skills and an open-minded approach to testing marketing tactics. This role will heavily influence the strategy by collecting and presenting data and building marketing business cases to be presented to business leadership teams. The candidate will be both a great storyteller and adaptable to work on many different types of projects often in parallel.
Specific responsibilities include (but are not limited to):
- Support and develop marketing strategies for target industries and target accounts.
- Develop market positioning and messaging that differentiates our products in the South APAC market (Australia and New Zealand, India and Southeast Asia) targeting financial services, PSF and corporate clients.
- Build strategies across outbound channels to engage target customers (e.g. Marketo, LinkedIn).
- Draw on qualitative and quantitative insights to understand service usage. Use this info to make the case for specific marketing programs.
- Develop and support marketing programs to increase brand awareness, drive user engagement, and support top-of-funnel efforts.
- Establish and build local marketing partnerships and South APAC-relevant engagement with digital and media agencies.
- Manage the execution of projects, coordinating with both the business unit and the internal central marketing team.
- Collaborate with the Events manager on the strategy and execution of marketing webcast programs.
An ideal candidate will have the following:
- 6-8 years of marketing or closely related experience, preferably with B2B financial services or technology marketing expertise in MNC.
- Experienced in new business generation, client demand generation and cross-sell activities, who can bring a diverse array of analytical and creative skills to the team.
- Experience with Salesforce and a marketing automation platform (Marketo preferred).
- Experience working with marketing analytics data (email and website metrics, SEO metrics, Google Analytics, etc.).
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills. Ability to collaborate; effectively working across multiple levels, roles, and functions in the organization.
About GLG / Gerson Lehrman Group
GLG is the world’s insight network. Our clients rely on GLG’s global team to connect with powerful insight across fields from our network of 900,000+ experts (and the hundreds of new experts we recruit every day).
We serve thousands of the world’s best businesses, from Fortune 500 corporations to leading technology companies to professional services firms and financial institutions. We connect our clients to the world’s largest and most varied source of first-hand expertise, including executives, scientists, academics, former public-sector leaders, and the foremost subject matter specialists.
GLG’s industry-leading compliance framework allows clients to learn in a structured, auditable, and transparent way, consistent with their own internal compliance obligations and the highest professional ethical standards. Our compliance standards are a major competitive differentiator and key component of the company’s culture.
To learn more, visit www.GLGinsights.com.
EEO Policy Statement
Gerson Lehrman Group, Inc. (“GLG”) is an equal opportunity employer and will not discriminate against any employee or applicant on the basis of age, race, religion, color, marital status, disability, gender, national origin, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any classification protected by federal, state, or local law.