Marketing Manager, Financial Services
The Marketing Manager, Financial Services will support the development of marketing messaging and strategies across GLG’s Financial Services offering, encompassing audiences in Private Equities and FS Growth accounts, reporting to the [VP, Marketing Operations & FS]. He/she/they will be tasked with helping the Americas Financial Services General Managers to identify new areas of opportunity, effectively communicate new offerings, drive engagement among existing clients, cross-sell the product suite, and generate and nurture leads. This person will use data and storytelling to help make the case for specific marketing plans and assist in carrying out the execution of these plans and activities, working closely with the business unit and centralized marketing team.
The Marketing Manager, Financial Services will also be responsible for managing collateral development and distribution to support effective sales conversations. The ideal candidate will have an understanding of financial services clients, strong influencer skills and an open-minded approach to testing marketing tactics.
Specific responsibilities include (but are not limited to):
- Marketing campaign planning and deployment in support of business goals
- Build marketing strategies across outbound channels to engage target customers across the client lifecycle
- Partnering with centralized marketing functions to support business unit goals
Primary duties include:
- Develop and support marketing programs to increase product awareness, drive user engagement, and support top-of-funnel efforts
- Develop creative briefs and promotional copy for campaigns
- Work with the analytics team to ensure impact is being tracked and communicate that impact to business unit partners
- Adapt product messaging to align with target customers
- Manage a roadmap of ongoing marketing initiatives for the financial services sector
- Draw on qualitative and quantitative insights to understand service usage. Use this info to make the case for specific marketing programs
- Support the development of customer personas, in conjunction with the sales and account management teams
- Consistently seek out the voice of the customer, both on current offerings and needed product development to address market needs
- Manage content calendars with the central content organization teams to feed engagement campaigns
- Manage the execution of projects, coordinating with both the business unit and the internal marketing team
An ideal candidate will have the following:
- 3-5 years of marketing or closely related experience, preferably with experience in serving institutional financial services clients.
- Experience with Salesforce and a marketing automation platform (Marketo, preferred).
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills. Ability to collaborate; effectively working across multiple levels, roles, and functions in the organization.
About GLG / Gerson Lehrman Group
GLG is the world’s insight network. Our clients rely on GLG’s global team to connect with powerful insight across fields from our network of 900,000+ experts (and the hundreds of new experts we recruit every day).
We serve thousands of the world’s best businesses, from Fortune 500 corporations to leading technology companies to professional services firms and financial institutions. We connect our clients to the world’s largest and most varied source of first-hand expertise, including executives, scientists, academics, former public-sector leaders, and the foremost subject matter specialists.
GLG’s industry-leading compliance framework allows clients to learn in a structured, auditable, and transparent way, consistent with their own internal compliance obligations and the highest professional ethical standards. Our compliance standards are a major competitive differentiator and key component of the company’s culture.
To learn more, visit www.GLGinsights.com.
EEO Policy Statement
Gerson Lehrman Group, Inc. (“GLG”) is an equal opportunity employer and will not discriminate against any employee or applicant on the basis of age, race, religion, color, marital status, disability, gender, national origin, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any classification protected by federal, state, or local law.