GLG’s Life Sciences Strategic Solutions business help Pharmaceutical, Biotech, Medical Device, and Diagnostic companies by providing them with the insights that they need to handle the critical strategy decisions they face. The team leverages its Survey and Projects capabilities along with the world’s largest and most varied source of first-hand expertise to deliver quantitative and qualitative insights to inform their decisions in a timely and thorough manner. The scope of our ad-hoc projects includes market assessments, voice-of-customer research, ideation/message testing, and involve a wide-range of advanced analytics (price sensitivity, conjoint analysis, MaxDiff, Key Drivers Analysis, TURF and Kano Method to name a few).
The Medical Devices & Diagnostics (MDD) team is seeking an Engagement Manager with a qualitative mind-set to play an integral part in fostering continued growth as a client engagement leader for research projects for strategy, product and marketing teams.
Specific Responsibilities Include:
- Lead prospective and current client consultations to pitch GLG’s qualitative and quantitative platform of offerings that can be scaled up-and-down based on client preferences and needs
- Effectively communicate and leverage qualitative and quantitative experience to scope and oversee multi-phase research projects
- Act as an ongoing thought partner to clients in exploring the most impactful ways to leverage GLG’s resources to meet their needs
- Collaborate on qualitative and quantitative insights that inform core objectives, so clients and their stakeholders can act with confidence on the integrity and outcomes of the research
Research Design, Analysis and Deliverables
- Collaborate with Account Management and Business Development to explore strategic opportunities, create proposals, and investment options for prospective projects
- Exhibit approach/research design competency by translating client objectives into a clear and concise discussion guide and/or survey flow
- Synthesize findings into a highly visual PowerPoint report that tells a ‘story’ by outlining key insights and critical conclusions of the research
- Guide clients on the proper advanced analytical technique that will deliver actionable insights and successfully communicate mastery of the proposed approach at a high-level
- Provide quality control oversight throughout the project life cycle from intake to project close-out
Product Strategy & Expertise
- Serves as a client ambassador to continuously develop and expand our qualitative and quantitative offerings (a preferred candidate will demonstrate mastery in qualitative approaches, and be open to expanding their base knowledge for the quantitative methods below):
- Composing / reviewing qualitative discussion guides
- Best practices for moderating a successful qualitative interview
- Stakeholder management of external moderators
- Assist in summarizing over-arching qualitative learnings
- Typical projects include: evaluating business opportunity assessments, competitor dynamics, product concept testing, unmet needs analysis, stakeholder mapping for purchase decisions
- Conjoint / MaxDiff / TURF Analyses
- Price Sensitivity
- Ideation / Messaging Testing
- Brand Equity Measurement / Longitudinal Tracking Research
- Key Drivers Analysis Techniques
- Kano Method / Opportunity Scoring
- Structuring impactful and concise reports
- Contribute to building internal and marketing collateral on our qualitative and quantitative products offerings, including tailoring product offerings for each client vertical/ sub-verticals
You will have most of the following:
- Bachelor’s degree
- 3 years of market research experience – preferably working with healthcare clients, but flexible
- Demonstrated experience creating quality custom research study designs for multiple highly complex strategic research projects at once, serving as subject matter expert on effective research design to clients
- Excellent verbal and written communication with internal/external clients using logical reasoning and problem solving skills
- Strong project management experience with ability to maintain good time management while prioritizing, delegating and delivering against multiple deadlines
- Proven ability developing strong relationships that drive internal/external customer satisfaction
- Demonstrated success in pitching projects and winning new business
- Natural curiosity, a can-do attitude and comfort with a matrixed organization and ambiguity
- Salary/Benefits: Competitive base salary, eligibility for performance-based discretionary bonuses, and a comprehensive benefits program that includes our flexible/open PTO policy.
- Work Environment: Although we are currently on a WFH policy due to the global pandemic, the Austin and New York offices offer training sessions to explore additional topics, teach valuable skills, and indulge curiosity. We also welcome our experts and other guest speakers to teach us what they know – because our learning mission extends to ourselves. And our fun, team-focused environment includes community volunteer programs, a dynamic activity-based work-space, an in-office barista bar, book club, a mentor program, and various team-building and health & wellness activities.
About GLG / Gerson Lehrman Group
GLG is the world’s insight network. Our clients rely on GLG’s global team to connect with powerful insight across fields from our network of 900,000+ experts (and the hundreds of new experts we recruit every day).
We serve thousands of the world’s best businesses, from Fortune 500 corporations to leading technology companies to professional services firms and financial institutions. We connect our clients to the world’s largest and most varied source of first-hand expertise, including executives, scientists, academics, former public-sector leaders, and the foremost subject matter specialists.
GLG’s industry-leading compliance framework allows clients to learn in a structured, auditable, and transparent way, consistent with their own internal compliance obligations and the highest professional ethical standards. Our compliance standards are a major competitive differentiator and key component of the company’s culture.
To learn more, visit www.GLGinsights.com.
EEO Policy Statement
Gerson Lehrman Group, Inc. (“GLG”) is an equal opportunity employer and will not discriminate against any employee or applicant on the basis of age, race, religion, color, marital status, disability, gender, national origin, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any classification protected by federal, state, or local law.