GLG is seeking a Manager (Surveys) to help drive success for our Surveys business in APAC. The Manager (Surveys) will join a growing Global Surveys Team and will collaborate with GLG Client Solutions and Business Development professionals as well as GLG’s sophisticated client base of top investment firms and consulting firms. This person will work with the team leader of APAC Surveys to lead growth initiatives, build and grow client relationships, and lead a team of associates to deliver the product.
The Surveys Team is responsible for survey questionnaire writing, editing, fielding, and data compilation across various industry verticals, population geographies, and client types. The Surveys Team facilitates the execution of hundreds of survey projects per month. This position requires meticulous attention to detail, the ability to prioritize and multi-task, excellent written and verbal communication skills, a keen analytic outlook, as well as, a passion for creative problem solving, client service and project management. In addition, it requires the ability and passion to lead and develop younger associates on his/her own team.
The Manager (Surveys) will report to the team leader of APAC Surveys, who will provide a close mentoring environment to rapidly accelerate development.
- Project leadership: Serve as point-person for clients’ quantitative insights needs, and ensure the highest level of service is delivered end-to-end
- Thought leadership: Serve clients’ requests on the most complex surveys - including the drafting of client learning needs into thoughtful questionnaires, and the visualization of results
- Commercial leadership: Work with Client Solutions and Sales to identify high potential client opportunities and pitch the Surveys product
- People leadership: Build collaborative relationships throughout GLG to strengthen the Surveys product’s position
- Undergraduate degree from a tier 1 university
- 3-5 years of market research and survey design experience, including experience with online survey platforms
- Experience collaborating with team-members in a high-throughput, deadline-driven, process-oriented, client-servicing environment
- Superior writing, logic and interaction skills; including oral and organizational skills
- Experience managing a product team or book of business a plus
- Experience analyzing results and/or communicating research results to stakeholders a plus
- Management consulting or investment banking experience or a demonstrated strong understanding of professional services a plus
- Experience leading teams and developing junior members is preferred
- Fluent in English, written and spoken, is a must
About GLG / Gerson Lehrman Group
GLG is the world’s insight network. Our clients rely on GLG’s global team to connect with powerful insight across fields from our network of 900,000+ experts (and the hundreds of new experts we recruit every day).
We serve thousands of the world’s best businesses, from Fortune 500 corporations to leading technology companies to professional services firms and financial institutions. We connect our clients to the world’s largest and most varied source of first-hand expertise, including executives, scientists, academics, former public-sector leaders, and the foremost subject matter specialists.
GLG’s industry-leading compliance framework allows clients to learn in a structured, auditable, and transparent way, consistent with their own internal compliance obligations and the highest professional ethical standards. Our compliance standards are a major competitive differentiator and key component of the company’s culture.
To learn more, visit www.GLGinsights.com.
EEO Policy Statement
Gerson Lehrman Group, Inc. (“GLG”) is an equal opportunity employer and will not discriminate against any employee or applicant on the basis of age, race, religion, color, marital status, disability, gender, national origin, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any classification protected by federal, state, or local law.