Manager, Solutions Operations - Council Membership Talent Management
Experience Level: MidApply Now
The Central Strategic Solutions team is a global unit tasked with building new areas of opportunity and efficiency for our client-facing Strategic Solutions teams. As such, the centralized operations for this team include panel operations, survey programming, data-processing, research methods and reporting functions. In addition, the team includes business intelligence and product development & innovation functions who partner with our business units to build new offerings and drive efficiency. The comprehensive vision of our team is to lead Strategic Solution innovation, advance GLG IP development & productization, build repeatable & efficient Solutions delivery infrastructure, and ultimately serve as a force multiplier for the frontline business-units in our Solutions teams.
This individual will be a key member of our growing GLG Central Strategic Solutions Operations team, reflecting our commitment to attracting the brightest talent globally. In this position you will partner with internal stakeholders to understand their business needs to define priorities in order to grow our network of independent consultants and ensure the success of the consultants in working with us as Council Members.
Specific responsibilities include (but are not limited to):
- Source and vet independent consultants and manage their candidate experience
- Develop new and innovative methods of identifying and recruiting independent consultants to the network
- Work with senior stakeholders to determine recruiting targets based on business needs and data analysis
- Develop and utilize tools to track progress against recruiting targets
- Partner with internal stakeholders to customize high performing teams of independent consultants based on engagement requirements
- Manage and track all staffing requests, outcomes and results
- Work with senior stakeholders to further refine and manage the centralized staffing function in EMEA
- Deploy client teams effectively and manage their performance
- Provide support, guidance and (when needed) push back on staffing decisions for all engagements
- Act as a resource to resolve any conflicts or issues regarding independent consultants, internal teams or project engagements when necessary
- Talent Management
- Use data to initiate, conduct and track all debrief discussions and manage performance of all consultants
- Identify new programs or initiatives to actively encourage independent consultants’ engagement with GLG
- Manage and track performance, preferences and availability for independent consultants in the network
Build trust-based relationships with independent consultants
An ideal candidate will have the following:
- At least 5-7 years of relevant experience in: talent management, talent acquisition, contingent workforce management, or consultant staffing
- Demonstrated success in identifying and vetting strong candidates across functions and industries is required
- Ability to analyze data in conjunction with business requirements and translate into strategic recruiting strategies that result in a positive, measurable business impact
- Experience developing strong working relationship with stakeholders across seniority levels and functions
- Willingness to be hands-on throughout daily activities
- Capable of working autonomously with a team that is spread out globally
- A flexible approach and ability to operate in a fast-moving, dynamic, and demanding environment
- High levels of personal energy and positivity
- Must be well organized, detail oriented, and able prioritize to effectively manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Proficient in MS Office specifically: Outlook, Word, Excel
- Strong communications and interpersonal skills, as well as professionalism
- Proactive, self-motivated and resourceful
About GLG / Gerson Lehrman Group
GLG is the world’s insight network. Our clients rely on GLG’s global team to connect with powerful insight across fields from our network of 900,000+ experts (and the hundreds of new experts we recruit every day).
We serve thousands of the world’s best businesses, from Fortune 500 corporations to leading technology companies to professional services firms and financial institutions. We connect our clients to the world’s largest and most varied source of first-hand expertise, including executives, scientists, academics, former public-sector leaders, and the foremost subject matter specialists.
GLG’s industry-leading compliance framework allows clients to learn in a structured, auditable, and transparent way, consistent with their own internal compliance obligations and the highest professional ethical standards. Our compliance standards are a major competitive differentiator and key component of the company’s culture.
To learn more, visit www.GLGinsights.com.
EEO Policy Statement
Gerson Lehrman Group, Inc. (“GLG”) is an equal opportunity employer and will not discriminate against any employee or applicant on the basis of age, race, religion, color, marital status, disability, gender, national origin, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any classification protected by federal, state, or local law.