The Central Strategic Solutions team is a global unit tasked with building new areas of opportunity and efficiency for our client-facing Strategic Solutions teams. As such, the centralized operations for this team include panel operations, survey programming, data-processing, research methods and reporting functions. In addition, the team includes business intelligence and product development & innovation functions who partner with our business units to build new offerings and drive efficiency. The comprehensive vision of our team is to lead Strategic Solution innovation, advance GLG IP development & productization, build repeatable & efficient Solutions delivery infrastructure, and ultimately serve as a force multiplier for the frontline business-units in our Solutions teams.
This is an exciting opportunity help us build something new. The Central Strategic Solutions & Operations team within GLG supports the Surveys and Strategic Projects business globally. This new unit will be a center-of-expertise enabling GLG to launch new products and services executed globally.
This role will partner with sales leaders, client-facing teams, and operations units to build up new capabilities, specifically partnering closely with our practice area leaders to build new efficient products to answer client business objectives. You will be part of a small team of methodologists & data-scientists on the development of new approaches and deliver complex projects alongside other team-members.
We are seeking a contributor with research methods and data science expertise and a strong quantitative background in primary market research. Ideally with expertise in the areas of survey design, research design, and sophisticated data analysis.
Responsibilities Include (but are not limited to):
- Design and execute analytical methods used in market research approaches, such as MaxDiff and Conjoint, and Key Drivers Analysis
- Execute on reports and analysis across methodology types and improve quality/consistency/standardization of deliverables.
- Engage in complex projects to identify enhancements to methodology and reporting and contribute to final QC on complex engagements to assure quality of final deliverables.
- Be prepared to manage or mentor 1-2 research methods & analytics team-members as the team grows.
You will possess most of the following:
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in a quantitative or social sciences area of focus.
- At least 3 years of custom market research experience with emphasis on research methods & analytics.
- A detailed knowledge of various research methodologies, sampling design, data integration, statistics & multivariate analysis, and advanced analytical methods is required.
- Must be proficient in a selection of modern data analysis tools, such as SPSS, R, Python, Sawtooth.
- Experience designing research and writing/presenting marketing research insights to clients.
- Must be comfortable interacting with clients across scoping, deep methods consultation, and presenting research findings.
- Ability to effectively communicate with technical and non-technical colleagues & clients.
- Comfortable learning, applying, and teaching new technologies and methods.
- Management experience preferred but not required.
About GLG / Gerson Lehrman Group
GLG is the world’s insight network. Our clients rely on GLG’s global team to connect with powerful insight across fields from our network of 900,000+ experts (and the hundreds of new experts we recruit every day).
We serve thousands of the world’s best businesses, from Fortune 500 corporations to leading technology companies to professional services firms and financial institutions. We connect our clients to the world’s largest and most varied source of first-hand expertise, including executives, scientists, academics, former public-sector leaders, and the foremost subject matter specialists.
GLG’s industry-leading compliance framework allows clients to learn in a structured, auditable, and transparent way, consistent with their own internal compliance obligations and the highest professional ethical standards. Our compliance standards are a major competitive differentiator and key component of the company’s culture.
To learn more, visit www.GLGinsights.com.
EEO Policy Statement
Gerson Lehrman Group, Inc. (“GLG”) is an equal opportunity employer and will not discriminate against any employee or applicant on the basis of age, race, religion, color, marital status, disability, gender, national origin, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any classification protected by federal, state, or local law.