The Compensation Manager will partner with the HR team in the design, implementation, execution and management of GLG’s global compensation programs and its related policies and procedures.
- Intellectually curious, analytical, driven and eager to expand their breadth of knowledge
- Ability to collaborate in a team environment as well as work independently and be a self-starter who can handle increasing responsibilities over time
- Excellent communication skills and an ability to build strong partnerships across all stakeholders
- Strong business acumen, problem solving skills, and excellent understanding of key compensation principles
- Detailed, results-oriented and flexible with the ability to manage multiple initiatives in a demanding, fast-paced, agile environment
- Bachelor’s degree
- 4+ years HR Compensation experience, preferably with compensation analytics, implementation of systems/plans in accordance with annual and mid-year cycles
- Intermediate to advanced Excel and PowerPoint skills
- Knowledge of Workday and/or Greenhouse systems are a plus
- Manage critical compensation functions, including survey participation, job assessments, compensation structure development, incentive plan design and related modelling and analyses
- Design, deliver, and manage compensation programs for assigned client groups, including being an effective challenger to clients as needed
- Administer and manage compensation plans and payments throughout the year
- Lead the administration of the mid-year and annual compensation cycles for assigned client groups, including input to system configuring, data validation, spend analysis and communication materials
- Participate in strategic compensation projects, key initiatives, or processes horizontally across client groups
- Collaborate with Talent Acquisition and HR Business Partners to develop competitive offer packages for external hires
- Manage ongoing HR reporting requirements, such as monthly accruals and headcount reporting
- Produce compensation reports and analyses for optimal distribution using clear presentations and compelling visuals
About GLG / Gerson Lehrman Group
GLG is the world’s insight network. Our clients rely on GLG’s global team to connect with powerful insight across fields from our network of 900,000+ experts (and the hundreds of new experts we recruit every day).
We serve thousands of the world’s best businesses, from Fortune 500 corporations to leading technology companies to professional services firms and financial institutions. We connect our clients to the world’s largest and most varied source of first-hand expertise, including executives, scientists, academics, former public-sector leaders, and the foremost subject matter specialists.
GLG’s industry-leading compliance framework allows clients to learn in a structured, auditable, and transparent way, consistent with their own internal compliance obligations and the highest professional ethical standards. Our compliance standards are a major competitive differentiator and key component of the company’s culture.
To learn more, visit www.GLGinsights.com.
EEO Policy Statement
Gerson Lehrman Group, Inc. (“GLG”) is an equal opportunity employer and will not discriminate against any employee or applicant on the basis of age, race, religion, color, marital status, disability, gender, national origin, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any classification protected by federal, state, or local law.