Account Manager (Business Development Manager), Greater China Professional Services Firm Segment
Gerson Lehrman Group (GLG) is seeking a Senior Account Manager to oversee the development and growth of clients in the GC Professional Service Firm (PSF) Segment, and to develop and maintain effective existing relationships with PSF clients. The professional will have direct responsibility for GLG’s focus on client relationships in GC, including developing deeper relationships with existing clients, understanding opportunities to increase Research product coverage at existing clients, developing organized marketing activities and hosting GLG exclusive Events, and growing GLG’s client base.
GLG Senior Account Manager in our client-facing offices are responsible for:
- Grow GLG existing client relationships. Develop relationships with GLG ‘s GC PSF clients.
- Develop deep relationships with key contact points at client firms, and identify suitable opportunities for cross-selling, upgrades and other revenue opportunities.
- Prospect, identify and bring on new clients across GC. Plan and priorities personal sales activities and customer/prospect contact towards achieving agreed business aims, including sales and costs - especially managing personal time and productivity.
- Develop organized marketing activities. Plan and hold client optimizations, formal meetings and socials with clients and prospects.
- Team-wide collaboration. Work closely with Client Solutions Team to deliver project work, assist with administrative tasks across the team (e.g. client invoicing, user profiles)
- Enhancing the GLG brand in GC. Developing relationships across the professional services industry, and acting as a mature, personable face of GLG in GC.
- Host frequently held GLG events including roundtables and other small group conversations between GLG experts and GLG clients.
- Pushing out new product, service and pricing initiatives to clients and collect customer feedback on those initiatives.
- Map" client organizations to identify potential new users of GLG's services and promoters within;
Favored applicants will have:
- Bachelor's degree or higher from a Top tier undergraduate institution
- 5 – 8 years’ experience in business development, client relationship management, or any client facing functions, or in professional service, capital market, or financial service industries
- Demonstrated track record in business development and account management
- Solid understanding of GC market
- Ability to understand client’s research process, due diligence requirements, and private equity ecosystem
- Outstanding communication skills and a team player
- Experience interacting with senior executives
We seek bright, positive and flexible people who also:
- Act with the highest integrity and professionalism in all their endeavors
- Think creatively and focus on opportunities for growth, while leading others to do the same
- Express a strong desire to work in a global team
- Demonstrate the ability and initiative to handle increasing responsibility over time
About GLG / Gerson Lehrman Group
GLG is the world’s insight network. Our clients rely on GLG’s global team to connect with powerful insight across fields from our network of 900,000+ experts (and the hundreds of new experts we recruit every day).
We serve thousands of the world’s best businesses, from Fortune 500 corporations to leading technology companies to professional services firms and financial institutions. We connect our clients to the world’s largest and most varied source of first-hand expertise, including executives, scientists, academics, former public-sector leaders, and the foremost subject matter specialists.
GLG’s industry-leading compliance framework allows clients to learn in a structured, auditable, and transparent way, consistent with their own internal compliance obligations and the highest professional ethical standards. Our compliance standards are a major competitive differentiator and key component of the company’s culture.
To learn more, visit www.GLGinsights.com.
EEO Policy Statement
Gerson Lehrman Group, Inc. (“GLG”) is an equal opportunity employer and will not discriminate against any employee or applicant on the basis of age, race, religion, color, marital status, disability, gender, national origin, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any classification protected by federal, state, or local law.