Insights Library Business Owner
GLG INSIGHTS LIBRARY AND JOB SUMMARY
GLG’s Insights Library gives its users access to content in various formats from our world-class network of global subject-matter experts. It contains thousands of teleconference transcripts and on-demand webcasts from GLG’s Events team, with dozens of new transcripts on timely topics and market activity added daily. The Library is a critical component and revenue driver for GLG’s global content strategy, which seeks to enhance GLGs client relationships and market presence by consistently delivering best in class content, in the right formats and channels, to clients and prospects. In addition, GLG’s content strategy is a differentiator for experts, who can expand their relationship with GLG and our clients by engaging in content creation and client interaction.
The Insights Library Business Owner serves as the primary business owner of the Library and will lead strategy, development and commercialization of the Library. He/she will work closely with the Chief Marketing Officer, Head of Events, and Global Business Unit General Managers to create and execute a commercially-oriented growth strategy for the Insights Library. This role will require an intimate understanding of the learning habits of GLG’s users and the ability to bring together resources and stakeholders to evolve the product to meet those needs.
PRIMARY ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE:
- Strategy – conduct analysis identifying areas of greatest opportunity to grow users and monetize usage, including pricing, revenue model and go-to-market. Define the problems to be solved and the measures of success.
- Execution and Stakeholder Management – execute strategy by marshalling resources and stakeholders. Ensure Content development process is targeted at generating the appropriate content to meet user demand.
- Partner Management – manage relationships with key partners (content sources, 3rd party distribution channels, advertisers)
- Project Management – Drive forward projects and strategic initiatives to promote and implement change. Lead cross-functional resources to execute.
- Business Analytics Tracking – closely track business metrics and analytics and works with teams to identify and resolve issues.
- Reports to the Head of Americas Events who will provide a close mentoring environment and a great deal of autonomy to own and drive projects forward
- Partners closely with Chief Marketing Officer, Events leadership team, and Product Engineering team.
- Works cross-functionally with Sales, Client Solutions, Marketing, Legal, Finance and Leadership Team to ensure the vision and go-to-market is broadly understood and supported.
- Engages with third parties to negotiate and structure partnerships for content distribution.
- Coordinates with 3rd party distribution partners to ensure clients are able to access GLG content in their preferred channels, while maintaining brand and product quality and value.
- Partners with Finance to ensure consistent and well-understood revenue attribution across client contract structures, to support ROI reporting and investment decision-making.
- Commercially-Oriented Content Vision: the ability to work with client-facing teams and developers to craft solutions closely connected to and driven by business needs.
- Structured Problem Solving: the ability to dissect a problem into pragmatic easy-to-understand components, apply strong analytical rigor, and arrive at decision-grade answers fast.
- Relentless Pursuit of Value: while there will be a substantial analytical component to this role, the role is also very much about ‘doing’ and delivering value, without getting caught up in the noise and analysis paralysis.
SUCCESSFUL CANDIDATE PROFILE:
The candidate selected for this position will be an experienced product development and marketing professional, who can roll up their sleeves and thrive in entrepreneurial environments. Given the autonomy afforded, they will have to be a self-motivated individual who embraces the CEO-mindset to move the business forward every day without waiting for orders. This professional must demonstrate strong leadership skills, best demonstrated by the individual’s emotional maturity to gain trust and credibility with team members and senior management.
The successful candidate will have:
- 5-10 years of experience in product development and management roles
- A track record of achieving commercial goals associated with building and growing a product
- A passion for understanding the business-to-business content landscape, including user needs and developing solutions to meet them
- Thrive in high-autonomy environments; can stay organized and results-oriented
- Possess an entrepreneurial spirit
- Be comfortable acting as an individual contributor and as a team manager
- Communicate in an open and honest way that quickly builds trust and respect
- Be comfortable on his/her feet making and delivering presentations
About GLG / Gerson Lehrman Group
GLG is the world’s insight network. Our clients rely on GLG’s global team to connect with powerful insight across fields from our network of 900,000+ experts (and the hundreds of new experts we recruit every day).
We serve thousands of the world’s best businesses, from Fortune 500 corporations to leading technology companies to professional services firms and financial institutions. We connect our clients to the world’s largest and most varied source of first-hand expertise, including executives, scientists, academics, former public-sector leaders, and the foremost subject matter specialists.
GLG’s industry-leading compliance framework allows clients to learn in a structured, auditable, and transparent way, consistent with their own internal compliance obligations and the highest professional ethical standards. Our compliance standards are a major competitive differentiator and key component of the company’s culture.
To learn more, visit www.GLGinsights.com.
EEO Policy Statement
Gerson Lehrman Group, Inc. (“GLG”) is an equal opportunity employer and will not discriminate against any employee or applicant on the basis of age, race, religion, color, marital status, disability, gender, national origin, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any classification protected by federal, state, or local law.