HEAD OF FS NEW BUSINESS DEVELOPMENT
The EMEA Private team, based in London, serves client users at the leading financial institutions in the EMEA region, including some of the world’s largest Private Equity funds, Venture Capital firms and Family Offices..
We are looking for an experienced Head of New Business Development for EMEA Private Equity to focus on service adoption and revenue growth within GLG’s Private Equity business. This individual would be responsible for leading a team of 8-10 and for creating a high performing sales team (currently made up of mixed tenure and experience) to drive EMEA growth. They would structure individual and team-based revenue targets to achieve commercial goals.
The ideal candidate has experience building and leading a “hunter” sales team, an in-depth understanding of the financial services customer base (ideally with experience selling subscription services to private equity or financial services firms) and has experience scaling growth.
As the Head of New Business Development for EMEA Private Equity, you would help grow new sales for GLG by identifying new opportunities by building partnerships with key organizations in the financial services place. The ideal candidate is commercial results-driven, ambitious, and able to thrive in a fast-paced environment. They would also be an excellent leader with strong collaboration skills.
Specific responsibilities include (but are not limited to):
- Understand GLG’s market opportunities and analyze potential leads through strategy development, market segmentation, competitive analysis, and financial analysis;
- Create a strategy to build out a qualified pipeline for long term prospects and new potential customers within other relevant verticals;
- Lead end to end business development execution, including but not limited to identification and screening of strategic partners and negotiating and closing enterprise agreements;
- Build out and upskill the Business development team and create a culture of accountability, achievement, and drive;
- Develop and manage the business development team budget and incentive program;
- Represent the GLG brand when engaging with potential strategic partners and educate financial service professionals on the capabilities as a subject matter expert on the broad product suite;
- Work collaboratively with the Client Service team to successfully onboard and drive new customer utilization;
- Partner with cross-functional teams through all aspects of partner and business case development, product requirements, negotiation, and contracts;
- Provide regular communications to senior management on partnership strategy and results.
An ideal candidate will have the following:
10+ years of direct experience in a business development focused role in financial services, primary research and/or business services as an outward facing representative of the company;
- Experience leading teams, building out a business development organization, and managing reward structures for a team;
- Success employing modern B2B Sales best practices, to include reporting, outbound campaigns and managing numerous workflows to arrive at commercial goals;
- Proven track record of success prospecting, qualifying, and closing on key business leads and targets within the financial services industry;
- A passion for developing new business, and proof of experience breaking ground into new customer bases;
- Strong leadership ability and people management skills;
- Outstanding communication and interpersonal skills and ability to develop strong working relationships;
- Excellent verbal & written communication skills. You can explain complex issues in simple terms and adapt your tone for different users;
- Driven self-starter who excels in an ever-changing environment and is comfortable with ambiguity;
- Holds themselves and their team accountable for hitting commercial goals;
- Demonstrated ability to work cross functionally with internal stakeholders, such as Product and marketing, and collaborate across remote, centralized, and international teams.
About GLG / Gerson Lehrman Group
GLG is the world’s insight network. Our clients rely on GLG’s global team to connect with powerful insight across fields from our network of 900,000+ experts (and the hundreds of new experts we recruit every day).
We serve thousands of the world’s best businesses, from Fortune 500 corporations to leading technology companies to professional services firms and financial institutions. We connect our clients to the world’s largest and most varied source of first-hand expertise, including executives, scientists, academics, former public-sector leaders, and the foremost subject matter specialists.
GLG’s industry-leading compliance framework allows clients to learn in a structured, auditable, and transparent way, consistent with their own internal compliance obligations and the highest professional ethical standards. Our compliance standards are a major competitive differentiator and key component of the company’s culture.
To learn more, visit www.GLGinsights.com.
EEO Policy Statement
Gerson Lehrman Group, Inc. (“GLG”) is an equal opportunity employer and will not discriminate against any employee or applicant on the basis of age, race, religion, color, marital status, disability, gender, national origin, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any classification protected by federal, state, or local law.