The Senior Finance Associate will support the Finance team’s efforts to drive cross-company strategic initiatives as part of our finance transformation initiative. This person will have direct responsibility for forecasting & analytics related to GLG’s largest P&L cost items – council member fees and client solutions expenses. This is a highly visible role responsible for partnering with business stakeholders to provide them with the guidance and data (financial and operational) required for them to make well informed business decisions.
The Finance team is responsible for all of GLG’s financial and accounting operations. Based primarily in our New York office, our team handles all financial planning, sales operations, accounting, expense management, and business management consultation to all of the individual business units and departments.
Specific responsibilities include (but are not limited to):
- Structuring of key business issues: Work with Finance partners, Business Unit Leadership and Senior Management to structure and prioritize key business issues
- Data analytics: Identify and analyze key data sources to put a fact base behind the business case, and develop readily intelligible output to support decision making
- Modeling & forecasting: Design and build sophisticated business cases in Excel to analyze complex financial and operational questions
- Presentation: Develop and present key findings to inform and align with key decision makers
- Implementation: Support and drive the implementation of strategic initiatives by designing KPIs and success metrics; and partnering with the business intelligence team to develop dashboards and reports
- Change management and communication:Develop high level and tactical communications appropriate to drive change in a large matrixed organization
The right candidate for this role (i) has some prior experience with structuring ambiguous business cases; (ii) is proficient in gathering and analyzing data, and designing sophisticated financial models; and (iii) is comfortable interfacing with senior stakeholders and managing through influence by delivering compelling, insightful recommendations. This role will report to Senior Manager, Corporate FP&A and is based in New York.
An ideal candidate will have the following:
- Bachelor's degree
- At least 4 years of applicable work experience, such as corporate FP&A or strategy, management consulting, investment banking, or other highly analytical role
- Advanced use of Microsoft Excel and hands-on financial modeling experience
- Experience with SQL and Looker is preferred, but must bewilling to learn
- Strong interpersonal and relationship building skills are required, including communication and storytelling skills, and executive presence
- Must havestrong problem-solving aptitude, attention to detail, analytic consistency, data integrity, and comfort with ambiguity
- Desire to work with large, cross-functional teams and able to influence decision-making within leadership audiences
About GLG / Gerson Lehrman Group
GLG is the world’s insight network. Our clients rely on GLG’s global team to connect with powerful insight across fields from our network of 900,000+ experts (and the hundreds of new experts we recruit every day).
We serve thousands of the world’s best businesses, from Fortune 500 corporations to leading technology companies to professional services firms and financial institutions. We connect our clients to the world’s largest and most varied source of first-hand expertise, including executives, scientists, academics, former public-sector leaders, and the foremost subject matter specialists.
GLG’s industry-leading compliance framework allows clients to learn in a structured, auditable, and transparent way, consistent with their own internal compliance obligations and the highest professional ethical standards. Our compliance standards are a major competitive differentiator and key component of the company’s culture.
To learn more, visit www.GLGinsights.com.
EEO Policy Statement
Gerson Lehrman Group, Inc. (“GLG”) is an equal opportunity employer and will not discriminate against any employee or applicant on the basis of age, race, religion, color, marital status, disability, gender, national origin, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any classification protected by federal, state, or local law.