GLG is seeking an Analyst to join the Business Partnering Finance team to partner with the business to help them sustain and accelerate significant top and bottom-line growth. Our businesses are delivering robust revenue growth and are well positioned to maintain this growth trajectory going forward. This individual will be joining in a highly visible role with tons of opportunity to make an impact on highly collaborative finance team that provides strategic insights, operational advice, and has P&L oversight to the various business units in the Americas such as Financial Services, Corporate Markets, Consulting, and Law. This role will be located either in our New York or Austin office and will report to a manager on the Finance team.
The Finance team is responsible for all of GLG’s financial and accounting operations. Our team handles all financial planning, sales operations, accounting, expense management, and business management consultation to all of the individual business units and departments.
Specific responsibilities include (but are not limited to):
- Budgeting and Forecasting – Assist in the development of the financial plans for one or two business units, including reliable revenue and cost forecasting processes utilizing business manager inputs and internal databases, while using own judgment and knowledge of historical performance / trends.
- KPIs – Develop and demonstrate a deep understanding of the key metrics, operations, and current trends of each distinct business.
- Perform other ad-hoc analyses and modeling based on evolving business needs.
- Presentations– Assist with the production of monthly and periodic financial reporting materials and the creation of presentations regarding business performance to be viewed by Senior Management and the Board of Directors.
- Business Partnering– Develop close working relationships with the business leaders and their direct teams to drive data analysis, P&L oversight, and specific BU initiatives.
Our ideal candidate:
- Previous work experience, in FP&A, accounting, investment banking, consulting, or other highly analytical role
- Advanced use of Microsoft Office products including MS Excel and MS PowerPointare required
- Experience with SQL (Snowflake) is preferred, but not required
- BA/BS degree
- Must have strong analytical, critical thinking, and problem solving skills
- Devotion to accuracy, detail, analytic consistency, and data integrityis required
- Strong interpersonal and communication skillsare required for partnering with business stakeholders at all levels
- Must be a self-starter, and have the ability and initiative to adapt, as well as handle increasing responsibility over time
- Experience with salesforce.com and business intelligence tools (Looker by Google) is preferred, but not required
About GLG / Gerson Lehrman Group
GLG is the world’s insight network. Our clients rely on GLG’s global team to connect with powerful insight across fields from our network of 900,000+ experts (and the hundreds of new experts we recruit every day).
We serve thousands of the world’s best businesses, from Fortune 500 corporations to leading technology companies to professional services firms and financial institutions. We connect our clients to the world’s largest and most varied source of first-hand expertise, including executives, scientists, academics, former public-sector leaders, and the foremost subject matter specialists.
GLG’s industry-leading compliance framework allows clients to learn in a structured, auditable, and transparent way, consistent with their own internal compliance obligations and the highest professional ethical standards. Our compliance standards are a major competitive differentiator and key component of the company’s culture.
To learn more, visit www.GLGinsights.com.
EEO Policy Statement
Gerson Lehrman Group, Inc. (“GLG”) is an equal opportunity employer and will not discriminate against any employee or applicant on the basis of age, race, religion, color, marital status, disability, gender, national origin, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any classification protected by federal, state, or local law.