GLG’s Events team programs compelling interactions with global thought leaders and top professionals, while overseeing all surrounding logistics. GLG Events leverages our core asset – Council Members – to participate in virtual event experiences and where appropriate, small and midsize group meetings, roundtables, and Convenes. The Event Content Manager will focus on the strategic development and programming for professionals in financial services and corporate industries. The candidate must be comfortable working in a fast-paced, collaborative environment, contribute strategic insights to the overall product strategy, and demonstrate a passion for our brand.
We are looking for a self-driven, energetic, and content-savvy professional to join as Events Content Manager and help grow the APAC events program. This position requires strong editorial and production experience and is expected to collaborate with Client Solutions and Business Development teams to identify and execute to deliver a portfolio of events and meetings. This position will be tasked to grow the events program primarily in Southeast Asia and India and at times curate content for other countries within the region.
Produce and facilitate content to help support GLG events
- Partner with internal stakeholders to research, interview and engage experts to produce user-driven engagements
- Curiosity to understand users’ needs and industry trends to produce compelling discussions and experiences
- Host and moderate small group discussions with one or panel of experts
- Demonstrate a passion to write precisely and clearly. Proofread and copyedit event drafts and marketing materials before being published.
- Assist with content for marketing and brand materials, including promotional, descriptive and thought leadership copy
- Manage events’ production process and ensure timely delivery with operations team and business units
- Collaborate with Marketing to identify suitable content marketing opportunities.
Leadership of internal team across multiple meetings and event projects, with a strong emphasis on:
- Ability to demonstrate best practice standards and process with strong decision-making abilities
- Passionate to enhance and improve user experience in collaboration with internal stakeholders
- Client-facing, customer service expertise including effective and professional oral and written communication.
Across all our positions, GLG seeks excellence, integrity, creativity, and professionalism. Specifically, we look for individuals who thrive in new environments and approach their work with precision and a drive to continually improve overall skill set and performance. For this position, we seek applicants with bachelor's or master’s degrees from top-tier colleges or universities, or equivalent work experience. The following factors will strengthen an applicant’s candidacy:
- 4-6 post graduate experience in positions of increasing responsibility within a B2B editorial, conference or tradeshow producer, related media company, and/or MNC in a related field
- Experience in researching and proposing themes and topics for content - driven events
- Excellent copywriting and editing skills a pre-requisite
- Strong track record for project management, stakeholder collaboration (internal and external)
- Developed external partnerships and managed vendors for cross-collaboration event projects
- Familiarity with analytics and reporting
- High levels of proficiency with Microsoft Office programs (including Excel and Word) and other database and technology tools
- Strong command in English both written and oral
- Experience with design process and design tools (preferred)
- Fluency in another Asian language a plus
We seek bright, positive and flexible people who also:
- Act with the highest integrity and professionalism
- Demonstrate analytical and problem-solving skills
- Think creatively and focus on opportunities for growth and lead others to do the same
- Is extremely organized and enjoys prioritizing activities effectively, including managing multiple meetings and events at one time
- Respond effectively to management direction and clients’ needs
- High level of accuracy and attention to detail
- Can think on their feet and is positive, professional, and outgoing
- Motivated with an entrepreneurial spirit who can initiate projects and implement changes
- Passionate for learning and working in a team environment
About GLG / Gerson Lehrman Group
GLG is the world’s insight network. Our clients rely on GLG’s global team to connect with powerful insight across fields from our network of 900,000+ experts (and the hundreds of new experts we recruit every day).
We serve thousands of the world’s best businesses, from Fortune 500 corporations to leading technology companies to professional services firms and financial institutions. We connect our clients to the world’s largest and most varied source of first-hand expertise, including executives, scientists, academics, former public-sector leaders, and the foremost subject matter specialists.
GLG’s industry-leading compliance framework allows clients to learn in a structured, auditable, and transparent way, consistent with their own internal compliance obligations and the highest professional ethical standards. Our compliance standards are a major competitive differentiator and key component of the company’s culture.
To learn more, visit www.GLGinsights.com.
EEO Policy Statement
Gerson Lehrman Group, Inc. (“GLG”) is an equal opportunity employer and will not discriminate against any employee or applicant on the basis of age, race, religion, color, marital status, disability, gender, national origin, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any classification protected by federal, state, or local law.