ENGAGEMENT TEAM LEADER - PRIVATE EQUITY - DACH
GLG is the world’s knowledge marketplace. We connect decision makers who want the advantage of powerful insight to people with first-hand experience, so they can act with the confidence that comes from true clarity. Our network of 900,000+ Council Members is the largest in the world, and we recruit hundreds of new experts every day. We bring the power of insight to every great professional decision.
GLG is seeking a German speaking Engagement Team Leader to join our DACH Financial Services team, based in Munich. We have a prestigious and sophisticated client base at leading financial institutions in the EMEA region, including some of the world’s largest Private Equity funds specialized in investing in the DACH (German, Austrian and Swiss) markets.
This is a key role within the business where you will be tasked with overseeing a team of Client Solutions professionals on our Private Equity business focused in the DACH region. The Engagement Team Leader plays a crucial leadership role in GLG’s service organization, overseeing and executing short and mid-term client engagements for leading Private Equity clients.
Specific responsibilities include (but are not limited to):
- Managing and leading a team of junior to mid-level professionals by ensuring best in class client service practices are upheld to drive commercial upside and win competitive share.
- Coaching and managing their team, supporting the team’s professional growth, and actively managing team performance and fostering GLG’s culture within the team.
- Designing and executing interactions between GLG Council Members (including industry executives, independent consultants, academics, and former policy makers across all sectors) and our clients across GLG’s suite of products. Clients seek GLG's support on due diligence, internal studies, or other strategic/operational research. Interactions typically consist of 1:1 telephone consultations, but may also consist of surveys, in-person meetings, panels, or larger consulting engagements.
- Partnering with EMEA Private Equity Business Development to grow GLG client relationships in the region, including new clients and senior stakeholders. Leverage proactive outreach, essential project execution, post-project client feedback, and in-person client meetings.
- Developing and implementing strategy for key client accounts in close collaboration with our Leadership and Business Development teams. Track team performance to create plans to accelerate growth and revenue near-and long-term.
- Enhancing the GLG Councils by developing relationships with GLG’s most respected thought leaders and business professionals, as well as recruiting new senior executives and experts through networking and direct outreach.
An ideal candidate will have the following:
- 5-8 years’ experience demonstrating best in class client service capabilities
- Full business proficiency in English and German
- Proven ability to manage and motivate a team of client service professionals
- Successful track record of working in fast paced, client service environment
- Strong go-do attitude and track record of business growth/turnaround
- Passion for problem solving
- Outstanding communication skills and willingness to call and engage senior professionals
- Understanding of financial services clients in the DACH region. Interest in Private Equity and in working across industries (energy, consumer, healthcare, technology, business services, real estate, etc)
Our expectation in the medium term is for this successful candidate to become a top flight Senior Engagement Team Leader who warrants swift on-plan promotion, have responsibility for complete ownership of top tier client service, and will materially affect business change with our clients. This role will be looked at as a GLG leader, and therefore a trusted driver of the overall EMEA Financial Services Private Equity business unit.
What we offer:
- Competitive base salary and annual bonus with comprehensive benefits (including healthcare coverage, a contributory pension plan, 28 days annual leave plus bank holidays)
- Global tuition reimbursement to support GLGers who want to continue their professional education
- A great team atmosphere with socials, off site activities and sports teams to join
- An opportunity to contribute to GLG’s Social Impact Partners Programme
About GLG / Gerson Lehrman Group
GLG is the world’s insight network. Our clients rely on GLG’s global team to connect with powerful insight across fields from our network of 900,000+ experts (and the hundreds of new experts we recruit every day).
We serve thousands of the world’s best businesses, from Fortune 500 corporations to leading technology companies to professional services firms and financial institutions. We connect our clients to the world’s largest and most varied source of first-hand expertise, including executives, scientists, academics, former public-sector leaders, and the foremost subject matter specialists.
GLG’s industry-leading compliance framework allows clients to learn in a structured, auditable, and transparent way, consistent with their own internal compliance obligations and the highest professional ethical standards. Our compliance standards are a major competitive differentiator and key component of the company’s culture.
To learn more, visit www.GLGinsights.com.
EEO Policy Statement
Gerson Lehrman Group, Inc. (“GLG”) is an equal opportunity employer and will not discriminate against any employee or applicant on the basis of age, race, religion, color, marital status, disability, gender, national origin, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any classification protected by federal, state, or local law.