GLG is seeking a highly motivated, organized self-starter and experienced professional to join our Americas Talent Acquisition team. This position will be responsible for executing a best-in-class recruitment strategy and selection approach that reflects our firm culture, values, and success factors. This position is metrics-driven and will be responsible for attracting the brightest talent globally.
The Director, Talent Acquisition responsibilities includes elevating the relationships with business leaders and requires thoroughly understanding current and future hiring needs and priorities to translate them into practical recruiting. To be successful in this role, you should have relevant experience in managing a team and leading sourcing strategies.
Specific Responsibilities Include (but are not limited to):
- Partner with senior stakeholders across all business areas to evaluate hiring needs, define roles and execute a workforce plan with recruitment budget in mind
- Execution of experienced hire recruitment, candidate and vendor management
- Manage, evaluate and coach a team of Talent Acquisition professionals
- Constantly identifying ways to further the teams' strategic offerings and abilities to best meet the ongoing demands of the business ensuring best practice for internal hiring processes
- Manage, source and recruit for a portfolio of senior-level positions
- Effectively evaluate potential third-party partnerships, build highly effective working relationships with external recruitment agencies to support the hiring process
- Partner with HRBPs, and Compensation teams to develop strong internal relationships and performance measures
- Partner with VP of Talent Acquisition, Business Unit Managers, HRBPs and Finance to execute workforce plan with recruitment budget in mind
An ideal candidate will have the following:
- BA/BS required
- 10-15 years relevant experience in recruitment operations and people management
- Mix of agency and corporate experience, corporate is strongly preferred
- Ability to translate business requirements into strategic talent acquisition actions with measurable key performance indicators (KPIs)
- Ability to quickly gain an understanding of the business needs and strategy and articulate the needs of a position
- Demonstrated competence in thinking strategically, analytically, conceptually and innovatively
- Willingness to be hands-on throughout daily activities
- A flexible approach and ability to operate in a demanding, fast-paced, data-driven environment
- Ability to multi‐task and prioritize requests effectively, while ensuring a high level of accuracy and attention to detail
- Successful track record of managing, training and developing a team of direct reports
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Working knowledge of Greenhouse, LinkedIn Recruiter and Workday
About GLG / Gerson Lehrman Group
GLG is the world’s insight network. Our clients rely on GLG’s global team to connect with powerful insight across fields from our network of 900,000+ experts (and the hundreds of new experts we recruit every day).
We serve thousands of the world’s best businesses, from Fortune 500 corporations to leading technology companies to professional services firms and financial institutions. We connect our clients to the world’s largest and most varied source of first-hand expertise, including executives, scientists, academics, former public-sector leaders, and the foremost subject matter specialists.
GLG’s industry-leading compliance framework allows clients to learn in a structured, auditable, and transparent way, consistent with their own internal compliance obligations and the highest professional ethical standards. Our compliance standards are a major competitive differentiator and key component of the company’s culture.
To learn more, visit www.GLGinsights.com.
EEO Policy Statement
Gerson Lehrman Group, Inc. (“GLG”) is an equal opportunity employer and will not discriminate against any employee or applicant on the basis of age, race, religion, color, marital status, disability, gender, national origin, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any classification protected by federal, state, or local law.