Director of Placements, Americas Private Equity
Experience Level: SeniorApply Now
Director of Placements – Private Equity
We are seeking an entrepreneurial, energetic and team-oriented professional to serve as Director of our Private Equity Placements business. The position can be based in New York, Boston, San Francisco, or Austin and will report to the Head of PE Solutions Americas.
Our PE Placements team works with senior-level members of Private Equity firms to help them source Board Members and Executive Advisors for their portfolio companies. The candidates we typically place are C-level executives from fortune 500 companies or private companies of equivalent size.
Specific responsibilities include (but are not limited to):
Candidates to the position should be comfortable with the fast-paced and demanding world of Private Equity.
- Develop and implement the product and go-to-market strategy for the Placements business
- Design a robust service model that best meets the needs of our Private Equity clients and their portfolio companies
- Engage in business development to broaden client base and drive top line growth.
- Drive high level project execution on client searches, from inception through to completion.
- Develop a targeted strategy to recruit senior executives into the GLG network to continuously improve the pool of talent available for Placements; work with internal teams to implement that recruiting strategy
- Hire and develop the Placements team (build out group of direct reports)
This position requires frequent and tactful communication and negotiation with decision makers at client firms (Managing/General Partner and VP level). In order to be considered for this role, a candidate must have strong communication skills, prior experience dealing with senior-level clients and demonstrated effectiveness, confidence, and skill in speaking to C-level and other senior executives.
An ideal candidate will have the following:
- 5-7 years experience in a client-facing or research-based role, or commensurate experience in consulting, law, journalism, Recruiting / Talent Acquisition or other relevant field;
- Understanding and general awareness of financial markets (experience working with Private Equity firms is a plus);
- Executive-level communication skills, including oral, written, and presentation abilities;
- Ability to liaise with and drive priorities with cross functional teams;
- Highly process oriented and able to manage competing priorities;
- Demonstrated commitment, judgment, emotional maturity, and intensity, ideally in a fast-paced, multi-task-oriented environment;
- A passion for growth and business development
We seek bright, positive and flexible people who also:
- Act with the highest integrity and professionalism in all their endeavors
- Think creatively and focus on opportunities for growth
- Exhibit constant attention to detail
- Express a strong desire to work in a team
Demonstrate the ability and initiative to handle increasing responsibility over time.
About GLG / Gerson Lehrman Group
GLG is the world’s insight network. Our clients rely on GLG’s global team to connect with powerful insight across fields from our network of 900,000+ experts (and the hundreds of new experts we recruit every day).
We serve thousands of the world’s best businesses, from Fortune 500 corporations to leading technology companies to professional services firms and financial institutions. We connect our clients to the world’s largest and most varied source of first-hand expertise, including executives, scientists, academics, former public-sector leaders, and the foremost subject matter specialists.
GLG’s industry-leading compliance framework allows clients to learn in a structured, auditable, and transparent way, consistent with their own internal compliance obligations and the highest professional ethical standards. Our compliance standards are a major competitive differentiator and key component of the company’s culture.
To learn more, visit www.GLGinsights.com.
EEO Policy Statement
Gerson Lehrman Group, Inc. (“GLG”) is an equal opportunity employer and will not discriminate against any employee or applicant on the basis of age, race, religion, color, marital status, disability, gender, national origin, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any classification protected by federal, state, or local law.