GLG is seeking a Client Solutions Manager to join our Merger Arbitrage, Event Driven and Specialist Strategies team, which is part of the EMEA Public Equities team, based in London. We have a prestigious and sophisticated client base at leading financial institutions in the EMEA region, including some of the world’s largest Private Equity funds, Hedge funds and Mutual and Sovereign funds
The Client Solutions Manager is tasked with scoping, facilitating, managing and executing primary research projects for a range of client users. Client Solutions Managers design and facilitate customized research products, creating innovative solutions on each client assignment.
Specific responsibilities include (but are not limited to):
- Taking accountability and responsibility for a full book of clients who cover Merger Arbitrage, Event Driven and Specialist Strategies by serving as a thought partner to scope, design, and deliver a range of bespoke projects. Most projects are based on short turn-around phone consultations, but the role also involves scoping out and pitching beyond-the-call engagements, including surveys, strategic projects, events and other in-depth engagements.
- Participating in thoughtful background research on your clients’ product portfolios to support thought partnership initiatives and proactive outreach planning.
- Active tracking of the EMEA merger-arbitrage and event driven deal space
- Driving best-in-class client engagement and experience in a defined portfolio of designated accounts. This relationship development will stem from in-person client meetings, project execution and telephone interactions.
- Facilitating educational interactions between GLG Council Members (experts) and our clients. This involves fulfilling time-sensitive requests through building and qualifying primary populations of relevant experts.
- Developing and executing a pipeline of content related to ongoing/upcoming deals across various formats including hosting roundtable events and teleconferences with senior executives and former government figures.
- Demonstrating excellent communication, good judgment, effective collaboration, and account/client ownership skills.
- Developing and implementing account management strategies, in close collaboration with leadership and sales teams to grow revenue and ensure retention of existing accounts.
- Exercising flawless judgment around GLG’s policies and procedures for protecting the integrity of our client engagements.
- Coaching, mentoring and developing junior team members through active performance management.
- Towards the end of tenure, opportunity to manage a team of junior to mid-level professionals to meet commercial and service targets for client accounts and/or take on greater responsibility for client service and revenue expansion at existing and prospective accounts.
An ideal candidate will have the following:
GLG attracts employees from the most distinctive academic and professional backgrounds. We are looking for smart, curious individuals that have a passion for learning and want to join a fast-paced environment where no two days are the same.
- Bachelors or higher degree or equivalent work experience.
- 2-4 years of work experiences in a client-facing role ideally with exposure to a hedge fund/asset management client base.
- Exposure to merger arbitrage, event driven or specialised hedge fund clients and strategies would be ideal (but not required).
- Full professional fluency in English; additional European languages are desirable but not essential for this role
- Proven record of being able to manage and grow a large commercial book of financial-services clients
- Passion for solving complex problems and executing best-in-class customer service.
- Demonstrated commitment, judgment, emotional maturity, and intensity, ideally in a fast-paced, multi-task-oriented environment.
- Superior communication skills, including oral, written, and presentation abilities.
- Ability to work to tight deadlines and manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- Demonstrated client service and relationship management skills in EMEA region.
About GLG / Gerson Lehrman Group
GLG is the world’s insight network. Our clients rely on GLG’s global team to connect with powerful insight across fields from our network of 900,000+ experts (and the hundreds of new experts we recruit every day).
We serve thousands of the world’s best businesses, from Fortune 500 corporations to leading technology companies to professional services firms and financial institutions. We connect our clients to the world’s largest and most varied source of first-hand expertise, including executives, scientists, academics, former public-sector leaders, and the foremost subject matter specialists.
GLG’s industry-leading compliance framework allows clients to learn in a structured, auditable, and transparent way, consistent with their own internal compliance obligations and the highest professional ethical standards. Our compliance standards are a major competitive differentiator and key component of the company’s culture.
To learn more, visit www.GLGinsights.com.
EEO Policy Statement
Gerson Lehrman Group, Inc. (“GLG”) is an equal opportunity employer and will not discriminate against any employee or applicant on the basis of age, race, religion, color, marital status, disability, gender, national origin, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any classification protected by federal, state, or local law.