Business Development Associate - Technology, Consumer, Non-Investment Financial Services
Experience Level: MidApply Now
The Business Development Associate - Corporate Markets is a key client-facing role on GLG’s Corporate Sales team that plays a vital part in GLG's relationships with leading, Technology, Consumer, and Non-Investment Financial Services companies across the EMEA region. The Business Development Associate will work alongside senior sales managers to develop both large and mid-sized partnerships by engaging client users within the corporate markets, helping them fully realise the value of GLG's platform. At GLG you will have both the opportunity to progress quickly and to also work in a collaborative environment.
Specific responsibilities include (but are not limited to):
- Help identify target prospects in priority markets and map underlying firms in detail to help facilitate outreach
- Communicate with prospective clients via email, phone & in-person at the direction of the New Business Development Managers within the team
- Work alongside senior sales managers to drive commercial success, develop account plans and engage with clients regularly to articulate the firm's value proposition and uncover new growth opportunities for GLG
- Build relationships across all seniority levels
- Help support senior sales managers on developing new sales pipeline and collaborating across teams to develop supporting pitch materials
- Building on the successful franchise the firm has established in the Corporate sector, the candidate will continually enhance customer targeting and outreach while refining the firm's value proposition in the segment
- Further develop the GLG's service offering and explore opportunities for new product and channel development
- Engage regularly with work with colleagues in; sales, marketing, legal, client solutions, finance, surveys, strategic solutions, and technology, to solve complex business issues and successfully bring these capabilities to market
- Organise key internal and external client meetings
- Prepare and send key reports to clients and internal stakeholders
An ideal candidate will have the following:
- 1-3 years of work experience within a sales (inside sales, new business development) role in relevant industries
- Proven track record of developing account plans and securing successful renewals
- Executive presence- the ability to interact with senior executives and professionals with confidence and conviction
- Resilience- the mindset to stay focused and driven to complete tasks after both successful and unsuccessful new business campaigns
- Strong business acumen- the understanding to research a target company and align GLG’s value proposition
- Growth mindset- the continual drive for personal development and flexibility to try new approaches or adapt during client pitches - Outstanding written and oral communication skills
- The highest level of integrity and professionalism
- Experience in subscription account management roles is preferential
- Demonstrated ability and initiative to handle increasing responsibility over time
- Bachelors degree or above or equivalent work experience
- Full business proficiency in English
What we offer:
- Competitive base salary and annual bonus with comprehensive benefits (including healthcare coverage, a contributory pension plan, 24 days annual leave plus bank holidays)
- Global tuition reimbursement to support GLGers who want to continue their professional education
- A great team atmosphere with socials, off site activities and sports teams to join
- An opportunity to contribute to GLG’s Social Impact Partners Programme
About GLG / Gerson Lehrman Group
GLG is the world’s insight network. Our clients rely on GLG’s global team to connect with powerful insight across fields from our network of 900,000+ experts (and the hundreds of new experts we recruit every day).
We serve thousands of the world’s best businesses, from Fortune 500 corporations to leading technology companies to professional services firms and financial institutions. We connect our clients to the world’s largest and most varied source of first-hand expertise, including executives, scientists, academics, former public-sector leaders, and the foremost subject matter specialists.
GLG’s industry-leading compliance framework allows clients to learn in a structured, auditable, and transparent way, consistent with their own internal compliance obligations and the highest professional ethical standards. Our compliance standards are a major competitive differentiator and key component of the company’s culture.
To learn more, visit www.GLGinsights.com.
EEO Policy Statement
Gerson Lehrman Group, Inc. (“GLG”) is an equal opportunity employer and will not discriminate against any employee or applicant on the basis of age, race, religion, color, marital status, disability, gender, national origin, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any classification protected by federal, state, or local law.