Business Development Associate, Public Equities
Experience Level: JuniorApply Now
Business Development Associate, Public Equities
The Business Development Associate – Public Equities is a key client-facing role on GLG's Financial Services Sales team that plays a vital part in GLG's relationships with public equity clients in the US. The Business Development Associate will work alongside senior sales managers to develop both large and mid-sized partnerships by engaging client users within the investment management segment, helping them fully realize the value of GLG's platform. At GLG you will have both the opportunity to progress quickly and to also work in a collaborative environment. The Associate will support a territory of enterprise accounts in concert with Account Managers/VPs to drive accelerate new product sales and expand GLG’s user base within our mutual fund, hedge fund and investment banking/investment management clients
Specific responsibilities include:
- Support financial services client base and new business activities
- Collaborate with senior business development executives to retain and grow existing client relationships
- Target junior level contacts to increase awareness of GLG, engage them to share business issues and key projects, deliver GLG solutions to meet needs and add value to their business process Tight coordination with account management and client solutions teams
- Help execute relevant parts of account planning and mapping process
- Increase total project volume
- Improve penetration rate for active users
- Increase unique active users
- Assist in prospecting into new buying centers
- Support renewal process to increase retention rates
- Help drive attendance to GLG events
- Hyper detail-orientation around client-facing statements and sales reporting requests
- Can-do attitude for essential team responsibilities
Key performance metrics
- Major performance criteria would be expanding penetration of existing clients and monetization of work plus number of clients on-boarded, monetization of accounts on-boarded, and adoption of new products and systems across existing accounts.
- Support key initiatives and identify opportunities to develop process improvements and action plans within the Public BU
- Independently problem-solve or troubleshoot reporting, workflow or technology issues and help teams to critically review processes for efficiency, suitability and client impact
An ideal candidate will have the following:
Candidates must have a clear track record of excellence in several categories, including: teamwork, professionalism, communications, organization and client service. Candidates should also possess:
- A Bachelor’s degree is required in addition to 2-3 years of professional experience (includes internships)
- The ability to build strong and lasting relationships with junior- and mid-level investment professionals at client firms
- Ability to work well independently and be self-motivated
- A strong passion for persuasion, especially around complicated and intellectually challenging issues
- Superior verbal communication skills
- A demonstrated ability to read and understand people
- Thoughtful and detail-oriented approach to externally facing documents and statements through proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite
- Systematic in their approach, willing to learn and understand and implement new processes
- Working basic knowledge of financial markets and client types is encouraged but not mandatory, willingness to learn is
We seek bright, positive, and flexible people who also:
- Act with the highest integrity and professionalism in all their endeavors
- Think creatively and focus on opportunities for growth
- Exhibit constant attention to detail
- Express a strong desire to work in a team
- Demonstrate the ability and initiative to handle increasing responsibility over time
About GLG / Gerson Lehrman Group
GLG is the world’s insight network. Our clients rely on GLG’s global team to connect with powerful insight across fields from our network of 900,000+ experts (and the hundreds of new experts we recruit every day).
We serve thousands of the world’s best businesses, from Fortune 500 corporations to leading technology companies to professional services firms and financial institutions. We connect our clients to the world’s largest and most varied source of first-hand expertise, including executives, scientists, academics, former public-sector leaders, and the foremost subject matter specialists.
GLG’s industry-leading compliance framework allows clients to learn in a structured, auditable, and transparent way, consistent with their own internal compliance obligations and the highest professional ethical standards. Our compliance standards are a major competitive differentiator and key component of the company’s culture.
To learn more, visit www.GLGinsights.com.
EEO Policy Statement
Gerson Lehrman Group, Inc. (“GLG”) is an equal opportunity employer and will not discriminate against any employee or applicant on the basis of age, race, religion, color, marital status, disability, gender, national origin, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any classification protected by federal, state, or local law.