GLG is the world’s leading B2B platform connecting professionals with expertise. We connect thousands of clients to the largest global network of subject-matter experts across every sector. We bring the power of insight to every great professional decision.
Network Development team members know how to make the right connections with the right people. They focus on identifying top professionals who can provide industry insight and knowledge to our clients, the world’s leading financial investment firms, professional services firms, and corporations. They explain to industry professionals what it means to work with GLG and recruit them into GLG’s professional membership network, the GLG Network. In addition, they manage the relationships with new Network Members and serve as a liaison between them and research professionals within GLG.
Ability to manage workflow and thrive in a fast-paced environment, multitasking between various projects. They are curious individuals who are excited about a communication-driven role. Whether it is successfully communicating GLG’s business model to a current CEO of a major company or composing a professional biography to present to a client, the Associate role is an exciting entry-level position in a growing global firm.
Specific responsibilities include (but are not limited to):
As an Associate, each day presents a variety of research objectives requiring critical thinking and creative problem-solving skills. You will learn to master a client relationship workflow while developing business acumen, time-management skills, professionalism, and communication skills. In our open and collaborative work space, you will communicate with colleagues across multiple GLG teams in a friendly, idea-sharing, and support-driven manner.
- Communicate clearly and effectively the mission and business model of GLG to industry
professionals and recruit Network Members into the GLG Networks.
- Grow the GLG Networks by Onboarding key opinion leaders on a strategic/tactical mode, using recruiting campaigns, leveraging industry and professional lists, trade and business associations, referrals and other relationships.
- Interview prospective industry leaders as needed and capture critical data in GLG’s extensive profile management systems.
- Consult with client-facing Managers to gauge clients’ needs and fulfil time-sensitive research requests for GLG clients by analysing client inquiries and identifying and qualifying primary populations.
- Understand clients research workflows and objectives, and thereby support client-facing colleagues in growing GLG client relationships by utilization of best practices when dealing with prospective and current industry experts.
- Develop a working knowledge of GLG's core industry coverage to improve project and product service quality. Develop awareness of broader industry trends/dynamics relevant to expert recruitment and client servicing.
- Work on other projects associated with building the GLG Network.
An ideal candidate will have the following:
- Bachelor’s degree
- 2 - 4 years of work experience preferably experience, ideally in consulting, market research, recruiting, or other professional services or start-up environment. (experience in inside sales, recruiting, or fundraising is a plus, but not required)
- Superior communication and interaction skills, including demonstrated oral, written and
presentation abilities in a business-focused setting using a variety of communication channels (telephone, e-mail, in-person, etc.)
- Good command over English language both verbal and written.
- General knowledge of European/Asian cultures, awareness of European/Asian business practices
- Demonstrated commitment and attention to detail, ideally in a high-volume, fast-paced environment
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Passion for fast-paced learning, especially in a technology-enabled environment
- Passion for recruiting, sales, and/or conversation, with a successful track record in phone sales or outreach preferred
- Ability to work effectively independently and/or collaboratively in a team.
About GLG / Gerson Lehrman Group
GLG is the world’s insight network. Our clients rely on GLG’s global team to connect with powerful insight across fields from our network of 900,000+ experts (and the hundreds of new experts we recruit every day).
We serve thousands of the world’s best businesses, from Fortune 500 corporations to leading technology companies to professional services firms and financial institutions. We connect our clients to the world’s largest and most varied source of first-hand expertise, including executives, scientists, academics, former public-sector leaders, and the foremost subject matter specialists.
GLG’s industry-leading compliance framework allows clients to learn in a structured, auditable, and transparent way, consistent with their own internal compliance obligations and the highest professional ethical standards. Our compliance standards are a major competitive differentiator and key component of the company’s culture.
To learn more, visit www.GLGinsights.com.
EEO Policy Statement
Gerson Lehrman Group, Inc. (“GLG”) is an equal opportunity employer and will not discriminate against any employee or applicant on the basis of age, race, religion, color, marital status, disability, gender, national origin, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any classification protected by federal, state, or local law.