Customer Support Associates are enthusiastic professionals who act as front-line customer support for GLG Network Members.
Customer Support Associates are responsible for delivering exceptional customer support for GLG’s Network Members: 900,000 former C-suite executives, academics, scientists, policy specialists, former public sector leaders and other top professionals. This is a fast-paced customer service position in which Associates interact with Network Members daily, answering questions through phone, chat, and email platforms.
Customer Support Associates thrive in a fast-paced environment, multitasking between various responsibilities. They are curious individuals who are excited about a problem-solving, communication-driven role. Whether it is walking a business leader through GLG’s project workflow and payment platform or chatting with a new Network Member about building their profile through our online chat feature, the Associate role is an exciting computer-based position in a growing global firm.
Specific Responsibilities Include (but are not limited to):
As a Customer Support Associate, each day will present a variety of inquiries from both Network Members and colleagues ranging in complexity and level of urgency. You will learn to master the Network Member relationship workflow while developing business acumen, time-management skills, professionalism, negotiation and communication skills.
You will also:
- Work an 8:30 – 5:30, Monday through Friday schedule
- Complete a fast-paced training program
- Interact with GLG Network Members via email, telephone, and live chat
- Solve approximately ~60 Network Member-related inquiries per day, including issues relating to payments and technology tools
- Develop knowledge of customer service technology tools, including Zendesk
- Adhere to standardized workflows to provide a consistent service experience as well as ‘think on your feet’ to provide custom solutions to Network Members
An Ideal Candidate Will Have the Following:
Across all of our positions, GLG seeks excellence, integrity, creativity, and professionalism. Specifically, we look for individuals who thrive in new environments and approach their work with precision and a drive to continually improve overall skillset and performance.
The following factors will strengthen an applicant’s candidacy:
- Ability to read, write and speak French, Spanish, Portuguese, Italian or German at a fluent level—any of these are a plus, but they are not required
- Passion for high-level customer service with a successful track record in working in a team environment
- Strong written and verbal communication skills using a variety of communication channels (telephone, e-mail, live chat, etc.)
- Demonstrated commitment and attention to detail, ideally in a high-volume, fast-paced environment
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Passion for fast-paced learning, especially in a technology-enabled environment
- Ability to work effectively independently and/or collaboratively in a team
- Experience working with online ticketing systems (i.e., Zendesk)
About GLG / Gerson Lehrman Group
GLG is the world’s insight network. Our clients rely on GLG’s global team to connect with powerful insight across fields from our network of 900,000+ experts (and the hundreds of new experts we recruit every day).
We serve thousands of the world’s best businesses, from Fortune 500 corporations to leading technology companies to professional services firms and financial institutions. We connect our clients to the world’s largest and most varied source of first-hand expertise, including executives, scientists, academics, former public-sector leaders, and the foremost subject matter specialists.
GLG’s industry-leading compliance framework allows clients to learn in a structured, auditable, and transparent way, consistent with their own internal compliance obligations and the highest professional ethical standards. Our compliance standards are a major competitive differentiator and key component of the company’s culture.
To learn more, visit www.GLGinsights.com.
EEO Policy Statement
Gerson Lehrman Group, Inc. (“GLG”) is an equal opportunity employer and will not discriminate against any employee or applicant on the basis of age, race, religion, color, marital status, disability, gender, national origin, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any classification protected by federal, state, or local law.