Business Development Associate, Americas Financial Services New Business
GLG is transforming the way the world’s top professionals share expertise and learn. Global, technology-enabled, and nimble, GLG curates custom learning opportunities among professionals and major thought leaders across fields. GLG supports knowledge exchange through conversations, small group convenings, mentorships, expert surveys, and more.
The Business Development Associate role on our Americas Financial Services New Business team will play an integral part in GLG’s client acquisition efforts across the Financial Services customer base. This will be a client facing role responsible for identifying and approaching new, potential GLG users within named & greenfield accounts, regularly presenting GLG’s platform to potential clients, using GLG’s CRM to track and map prospect & new client accounts, and work in collaboration with Senior BD teammates to drive adoption of GLG’s platform.
The Business Development Associate role on our Americas Financial Services New Business team is effectively a role that drives new subscription sales within public equity, credit and private equity firms. Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Collaborate with senior business development executives on outbound prospecting activities to drive growth for GLG
- Coordinating pitch meetings & materials with prospect accounts
- Leverage GLG’s systems & tools to identify, diagnose, and present consultative solutions to potential GLG customers
- Support new GLG users through event targeting and content outreach to drive growth
Goals and expectations:
- Tight coordination with Senior BD team members and research team
- Help execute relevant parts of prospect planning process
- Increase total GLG new client user base
- Improve workflow efficiencies for new business team
- Support outbound prospecting efforts via phone and email
- Help drive attendance to GLG events within new GLG clients
- Create & Maintain prospective client presentations and materials
Key performance metrics for the Business Development Associate include uncovering & connecting with potential new clients, establishing relationships with new contacts at recently acquired firms, new client revenue growth, increase in users of GLG’s services at new client firms, and adoption of new products and systems. Candidates should be comfortable articulating the value of our expert network, professional services and client-facing software systems to clients.
An ideal candidate will have the following:
Candidates must have a clear track record of excellence in several categories, including: teamwork, professionalism, communications, organization and client service. Candidates should also possess:
- A Bachelor’s degree is required in addition to 1-3 years of demonstrated success selling information services and solutions via phone, email, and social selling
- The ability to build strong and lasting relationships with key decision makers in client firms
- Ability to work well independently and be self-motivated
- A strong passion for persuasion, especially around complicated and intellectually challenging issues.
- Superior verbal communication skills
- Thoughtful and detail-oriented approach to externally facing documents and statements through proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite
- A demonstrated ability to read and understand people
- Working basic knowledge of financial markets and client types is encouraged but not mandatory, but candidates must possess curiosity and willingness to learn
We seek bright, positive and flexible people who also:
- Act with the highest integrity and professionalism in all their endeavors
- Think creatively and focus on opportunities for growth
- Exhibit constant attention to detail
- Express a strong desire to work in a team
- Demonstrate the ability and initiative to handle increasing responsibility over time
About GLG / Gerson Lehrman Group
GLG is the world’s insight network. Our clients rely on GLG’s global team to connect with powerful insight across fields from our network of 900,000+ experts (and the hundreds of new experts we recruit every day).
We serve thousands of the world’s best businesses, from Fortune 500 corporations to leading technology companies to professional services firms and financial institutions. We connect our clients to the world’s largest and most varied source of first-hand expertise, including executives, scientists, academics, former public-sector leaders, and the foremost subject matter specialists.
GLG’s industry-leading compliance framework allows clients to learn in a structured, auditable, and transparent way, consistent with their own internal compliance obligations and the highest professional ethical standards. Our compliance standards are a major competitive differentiator and key component of the company’s culture.
To learn more, visit www.GLGinsights.com.
EEO Policy Statement
Gerson Lehrman Group, Inc. (“GLG”) is an equal opportunity employer and will not discriminate against any employee or applicant on the basis of age, race, religion, color, marital status, disability, gender, national origin, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any classification protected by federal, state, or local law.