GLG is seeking candidates for a Research Support Specialists, based in Gurugram, India.
Our Research Support Specialists will be part of GLG’s 50-person global compliance department and would be required to provide timely and thoughtful support for global client service professionals. In this role you will gain more autonomy as you develop into a compliance subject matter expert across industries and topics that will lead you to assist with broader and more critical compliance driven initiatives. You will also develop strong actionable business skills – including time management, prioritization, communication, negotiation, problem solving, and project management.
GLG attracts employees from diverse academic and professional backgrounds. We look for individuals who are passionate about our mission to transform how professionals learn and who embody GLG’s values: learning and curiosity, responsibility, courage, judgment, fresh perspective, service, and integrity.
Specific responsibilities include (but are not limited to):
- Learning our compliance policies and procedures to protect the integrity of client engagements.
- Run internet-based checks on individuals (doctors, academics, scientists, policy specialists, strategists, executives, and other experts) and entities with an eye for detail.
- Reviewing and evaluating the completeness, accuracy, and appropriateness of an individual or an entities profile.
- Identifying and applying a strong distinction between correct/incorrect business practices and escalate compliance breaches.
- Understanding and enforcing key requirements of firm and regulators’ Legal & Compliance rules and policies.
- Managing tasks and activities in a timely manner with complete ownership of responsibilities.
- Providing periodic updates to domestic and international teams on various compliance related initiatives. Supporting senior team members on all aspects of compliance engagements.
- Engaging with client service professionals daily to understand their needs and provide exceptional service.
- Individual will reference existing policies; however, due to frequency of unique situations will need to research issues and, through situation-specific inquiries, propose solutions to issues.
An ideal candidate will have the following:
- Graduate/Postgraduate 0 to 2 years of relevant industry experience or Financial Services experience.
- Fraud Examiner
- Mandatory - Fluency in English (verbal and written).
- Desirable but not required - Fluency (verbal & written) in Mandarin, Japanese and/or Korean languages skills will be given preference.
- Possess excellent Internet-based research skills. Familiarity with using Internet-based investigative tools would be an added advantage.
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize effectively, while ensuring a high level of accuracy and attention to detail.
- Strong interpersonal and communication (both verbal and written) skills
- Successful track record of working in a team environment.
- Adaptability to work in a dynamic environment often accompanied by stringent deadlines.
- Strong analytical bent of mind and structured problem-solving approach.
- Able to work and deliver under minimal supervision/independently.
About GLG / Gerson Lehrman Group
GLG is the world’s insight network. Our clients rely on GLG’s global team to connect with powerful insight across fields from our network of 900,000+ experts (and the hundreds of new experts we recruit every day).
We serve thousands of the world’s best businesses, from Fortune 500 corporations to leading technology companies to professional services firms and financial institutions. We connect our clients to the world’s largest and most varied source of first-hand expertise, including executives, scientists, academics, former public-sector leaders, and the foremost subject matter specialists.
GLG’s industry-leading compliance framework allows clients to learn in a structured, auditable, and transparent way, consistent with their own internal compliance obligations and the highest professional ethical standards. Our compliance standards are a major competitive differentiator and key component of the company’s culture.
To learn more, visit www.GLGinsights.com.
EEO Policy Statement
Gerson Lehrman Group, Inc. (“GLG”) is an equal opportunity employer and will not discriminate against any employee or applicant on the basis of age, race, religion, color, marital status, disability, gender, national origin, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any classification protected by federal, state, or local law.