Compliance Specialist/Analyst – Compliance
GLG is seeking candidates for a Specialists/Analysts role based in Gurugram, India. The individual will be part of GLGs 50-person global compliance department and would be required to provide timely and thoughtful support for global client service professionals. In this role you will gain more autonomy as you develop into a compliance subject matter expert across industries and topics that will lead you to assist with broader and more critical compliance driven initiatives. You will also develop strong actionable business skills – including time management, prioritization, communication, negotiation, problem solving, and project management.
GLG attracts employees from diverse academic and professional backgrounds. We look for individuals who are passionate about our mission to transform how professionals learn and who embody GLG’s values: learning and curiosity, responsibility, courage, judgment, fresh perspective, service, and integrity.
The role of Specialist/Analyst in Compliance team shall encompass various tasks including, but not limited to:
- Understanding and enforcing key requirements of firm and regulators’ Legal & Compliance rules and policies.
- Reviewing and evaluating the completeness, accuracy, and appropriateness of an engagement and ability to identify compliance issues that require follow-up or investigation.
- Evaluate the adequacy of internal control framework in addressing risks and accomplishing the company’s goals and objectives.
- Identifying and applying a strong distinction between correct/incorrect business practices and escalate compliance breaches.
- Keep abreast with existing geopolitical situations, regions specific compliance protocol and policies.
- Constantly developing your understanding of our client’s industries, identifying trends, risks and opportunities for improvement.
- You will need a practical approach to solving issues and complex problems with the ability to deliver insightful and practical solutions.
- Providing periodic updates to stakeholders on various compliance related initiatives. Supporting senior team members on all aspects of compliance engagements.
- Engaging with client service professionals daily to understand their needs and provide exceptional service.
- Individual will reference existing policies; however, due to frequency of unique situations will need to research issues and, through situation-specific inquiries, propose solutions to issues.
- Conducting in-depth research on various topics using proprietary databases and/or public domain by understanding the scope of engagements.
An ideal candidate will have the following:
- Graduate/Postgraduate with 1 to 2 years of relevant industry experience in Forensic Investigation, Risk Advisory, Internal Audits or Risk Management.
- Critical Thinking — Using logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems.
- Complex Problem Solving — Identifying complex problems and reviewing related information to develop and evaluate options and implement solutions.
- Mandatory - Fluency in English (verbal and written).
- Possess excellent Internet-based research skills. Familiarity with using Internet-based investigative tools would be an added advantage.
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize effectively, while ensuring a high level of accuracy and attention to detail.
- Adaptability to work in a dynamic environment often accompanied by stringent deadlines.
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to build relationships based on mutual trust and respect. Demonstrable ability to lead and work in teams.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
About GLG / Gerson Lehrman Group
GLG is the world’s insight network. Our clients rely on GLG’s global team to connect with powerful insight across fields from our network of 900,000+ experts (and the hundreds of new experts we recruit every day).
We serve thousands of the world’s best businesses, from Fortune 500 corporations to leading technology companies to professional services firms and financial institutions. We connect our clients to the world’s largest and most varied source of first-hand expertise, including executives, scientists, academics, former public-sector leaders, and the foremost subject matter specialists.
GLG’s industry-leading compliance framework allows clients to learn in a structured, auditable, and transparent way, consistent with their own internal compliance obligations and the highest professional ethical standards. Our compliance standards are a major competitive differentiator and key component of the company’s culture.
To learn more, visit www.GLGinsights.com.
EEO Policy Statement
Gerson Lehrman Group, Inc. (“GLG”) is an equal opportunity employer and will not discriminate against any employee or applicant on the basis of age, race, religion, color, marital status, disability, gender, national origin, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any classification protected by federal, state, or local law.