Advanced Analytics, Senior Director
Experience Level: SeniorApply Now
We are seeking a Senior Director, Advanced Analytics to lead and further build our Advanced Analytics team, which is responsible for translating complex business questions into actionable insight using strong data mining, statistical testing, and hypothesis-driven research skills. You and your team will be responsible for the day-to-day and strategic insights that drive GLG’s business strategy (growth, improve client experience, etc.) and operations. This role is a player and coach role, responsible for leading the Advanced Analytics team to design metrics, provide measurement, and deliver critical insights that improve decisions throughout the entire organization. The Advanced Analytics team will transform the way key decision makers understand their business, ensure decisions are backed by information and insights derived from a wide variety of sources, and blend data mining capabilities and a variety of analytical approaches to translate complex business questions into actionable insights.
The Advanced Analytics team is part of our Global Business Intelligence organization, reporting to the Head of Business Intelligence, and works cross functionally with a variety of stakeholders such as our Global Leadership Team, Finance, Marketing, BI, and Data Engineering.
Specific responsibilities include (but are not limited to):
- Partner with business stakeholders to understand and determine what insights are missing and valuable, then create a path to harvest and leverage that data (in collaboration with Data Engineering and Business Intelligence)
- Drive analytics as a strategic business asset at the executive level, shaping how GLG uses this asset to identify areas of opportunity for competitive and operational improvements
- Translate operational ideas and business problems into tangible actions to help determine change levers and quantify the impact of change
- Explore and visualize data to convey a narrative that leads to deep understanding
- Become the subject matter expert for business operations and key drivers of revenue, cost, and business performance and then ensure that the relevant business stakeholders possess a deep understanding of those metrics
- Establish insights, measurements, and visibility for growth enablement
- Challenge existing assumptions, revisit unexamined strategies, and if needed, challenge deep rooted ideas to build an accurate depiction of the business using data
An ideal candidate will have the following:
- At least 10 years of applicable professional experience using data science/analysis and visualization to influence executive-level business decision making, focused on exploratory ad-hoc analysis
- Minimum Bachelor’s degree, but an advanced degree is strongly preferred in relevant fields such as mathematics, statistics, computer science, or equivalent
- An established track record of building and managing high-performing data science/data analytics teams
- A strong understanding of and experience with analytical concepts and statistical techniques (hypothesis development, experimental design, etc.)
- Deep expertise in SQL and additional experience with 2 or more of Python (preferred), R, Enterprise Business Intelligence tool (Tableau, Power BI, Looker, QlikView)
- Experience working with and mastering highly disparate global B2B data
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills, including a fluency in communicating complex analytical concepts with confidence with non-technical executive audience
- Must have strong problem-solving skills, and be comfortable in working with complex and vague requirements to drive impactful solutions
About GLG / Gerson Lehrman Group
GLG is the world’s insight network. Our clients rely on GLG’s global team to connect with powerful insight across fields from our network of 900,000+ experts (and the hundreds of new experts we recruit every day).
We serve thousands of the world’s best businesses, from Fortune 500 corporations to leading technology companies to professional services firms and financial institutions. We connect our clients to the world’s largest and most varied source of first-hand expertise, including executives, scientists, academics, former public-sector leaders, and the foremost subject matter specialists.
GLG’s industry-leading compliance framework allows clients to learn in a structured, auditable, and transparent way, consistent with their own internal compliance obligations and the highest professional ethical standards. Our compliance standards are a major competitive differentiator and key component of the company’s culture.
To learn more, visit www.GLGinsights.com.
EEO Policy Statement
Gerson Lehrman Group, Inc. (“GLG”) is an equal opportunity employer and will not discriminate against any employee or applicant on the basis of age, race, religion, color, marital status, disability, gender, national origin, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any classification protected by federal, state, or local law.