We are seeking a dynamic and self-motivated individual with relevant experience of handling Goods and Service Tax compliance, managing fixed assets, having basic accounting knowledge, as well as strong analytical and communication skills.
Specific responsibilities include (but are not limited to):
- Reconciliation of Goods and Service Tax (GST) ledger account with GST account details on GST portal.
- Supply GST information to the external Tax consultant for preparation and filing monthly and annual GST returns.
- Liaising with external Tax consultant for annual GST audit, filing Annual GST Tax refund applications and providing required information to the Tax consultant and GST department for obtaining GST refunds.
- Interact and communicate with external Tax consultant, GST department and auditors in a professional manner.
- Fixed Assets Management including monthly posting of Fixed Assets additions and retirements to FA register, monthly posting of depreciation entries and annual physical verification of fixed assets.
- Preparation and issuing of local Purchase Orders for procurement of office supplies, technical supplies, and fixed assets.
- Assist in indexing AP invoices to Avid workflows.
- Assist in month-end closing, annual book closing and annual statutory audit activities.
- Handling of other projects as assigned from time to time.
An ideal candidate will have the following:
Gerson Lehrman Group attracts employees from the most distinctive professional and academic backgrounds. Across all our positions, we insist upon integrity, creativity, intensity, flexibility, and professionalism.
For this specific position, the following factors will strengthen an applicant’s candidacy:
- Bachelor’s degree in commerce
- 2 - 4 years of relevant experience
- Self-starter, organized and detail-oriented
- Basic knowledge of Accounting
- Previous knowledge of Service Tax, Goods and Service Tax (GST)
- Previous knowledge of Fixed Assets Management
- Previous knowledge of accounting related systems
- Strong MS Excel skills
- Good command on written and oral English communication skills
- Ability to do multi-task, solve practical problems and interpret a variety of instructions
We seek bright, positive and flexible people who also:
- Act with the highest integrity and professionalism in all their endeavours.
- Utilize superior analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Think creatively and focus on opportunities for growth, and lead others to do the same.
- Express a strong desire to work in a team.
- Respond effectively to management direction and clients’ needs.
- Demonstrate the ability and initiative to handle increasing responsibility over time.
About GLG / Gerson Lehrman Group
GLG is the world’s insight network. Our clients rely on GLG’s global team to connect with powerful insight across fields from our network of 900,000+ experts (and the hundreds of new experts we recruit every day).
We serve thousands of the world’s best businesses, from Fortune 500 corporations to leading technology companies to professional services firms and financial institutions. We connect our clients to the world’s largest and most varied source of first-hand expertise, including executives, scientists, academics, former public-sector leaders, and the foremost subject matter specialists.
GLG’s industry-leading compliance framework allows clients to learn in a structured, auditable, and transparent way, consistent with their own internal compliance obligations and the highest professional ethical standards. Our compliance standards are a major competitive differentiator and key component of the company’s culture.
To learn more, visit www.GLGinsights.com.
EEO Policy Statement
Gerson Lehrman Group, Inc. (“GLG”) is an equal opportunity employer and will not discriminate against any employee or applicant on the basis of age, race, religion, color, marital status, disability, gender, national origin, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any classification protected by federal, state, or local law.