GLG welcomes Jonah Jones, Former Head of Product & Design for the Future of AR / VR / Metaverse at Meta Platforms, Inc., to discuss:
- Impact of enhanced MR and spatial computing technology across the value chain, differentiation against existing AR / VR devices, and drivers behind its traction – from end users and consumers, electronic devices to application developers and metaverse ecosystem
- Competitive landscape of key offerings e.g., Oculus Quest Pro from Meta, PlayStation VR from Sony, Spectacles by Snap, and considerations of corporate users on choosing
- Apple against its competitors from product perspectives
- Commercial application scenarios – game development, home entertainment (Disney+, Netflix etc.), real estate, retail, healthcare, and beyond
- Pricing strategies of Apple Vision Pro against its estimated manufacturing cost – how much is the right price for a consumer device?
- Apple and key players’ roadmap and positioning for the Vision Pro and flagship devices – adoption potential and growth momentum
Former Head of Product & Design for the Future of AR / VR / Metaverse at Meta Platforms, Inc.
Jonah Jones helps organizations to build better products in less time by advising and mentoring on product, design, and leadership. Named by Fast Company Magazine as one of the Most Creative People in Business, he has spent his career building and leading teams to create great products that people love. He is currently a Product & Design Advisor & Mentor in a self–employed capacity. He was Head of Product & Design for the Future of AR / VR / Metaverse at Meta Platforms, Inc. He previously held the position as Head of Product Design for Sharing, Workplace, and Audience Network at Meta Platforms, Inc. He served as Head of Product Design for the new Google Maps at Google LLC. At both Google and Meta, he has led design for some of the most influential and consequential digital products in the world. Jonah has spoken at events across the globe, including TEDx and the Design Museum, and regularly runs training and intelligence sessions for funds, investors, and consultancy firms.
Please note: Mr. Jones holds stock in various companies we will be discussing today. He will speak from his current vantage point as a participant in the industry. He will not discuss Jonajones.co.uk, his independent consulting work, or any aspect of their operations. He may have additional limitations on what he is permitted to discuss regarding Meta Platforms, Inc., and will decline to answer questions on topics related to confidential matters.
Additionally, this Webcast will be recorded, and a replay made available on the GLG Library. Attendees who ask questions or make comments will not be identified (either by name or affiliation). If your firm is not subscribed to the GLG Library or you have further questions, please contact your GLG representative.